June 21, 2012

Announcing Dylan


I am ridiculously in love with this little bundle of pure joy. I'm probably going to be that crazy aunt that will try to teach letterpress to an infant, and the alphabet with woodtype. But for now I will just print my little heart out for him... because he can't say to me yet that it's so not cool. 

I designed and printed this announcement for my sister-in-law & her husband, (Hey Dani & Jay!) – the coolest parents on the block for sure! I used 10pt classic Bodoni in lead type for all the tiny text, mixed in with a little bit of woodtype (for Dylan), and added a modern twist with some polymer for the blind-embossed heart. You can read more about that process here. It takes lots of time, patience, love and a little OCD to handset type, and I'm starting to believe more and more that there is something extra special in the imperfection of it all... how the type seems to dance on the line. 

In any case, I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Maybe Dylan will print with me one day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the heart - great work :)

    You'll be the coolest Auntie on the block when you teach him the ways of letterpress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...