March 23, 2012

Friday night printing





If you read my other blog you probably already know that I'm about to become an aunt! I can't be more excited about it... I love the little guy so much already! A couple of weeks ago I hosted the baby shower and of course I needed to have a little something letterpress printed amoung the festivities. AND Of course I didn't figure out what to actually letterpress until, like, the night before the shower! So here I was, on a friday night, typesetting this "Wishes for Baby" card. I was a bit nervous for the day ahead... I really wanted everything to be just so... I had spent weeks planning and coming up with ideas with the help from one of my bestest creative friends, (hi Sandi!) and on that friday night it was all coming together. Arranging the type just so, having all the pieces in place... kind of interesting how similar it was to planning this event... figuring out how all the pieces will fit together... hoping that it will turn out the way I imagine... interesting to draw the parallel. Do I sounds crazy? hehe... but it was calming. 

That calmness only lastest while I was printing. I think I feel most relaxed when I'm printing. 

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! Thank goodness it's friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...